University Guidance and Preparation
All students at Oxford International College receive expert careers counselling at the beginning and throughout their studies. Students can book one-to-one consultations with a careers advisor throughout the year and the college arranges visits to university fairs and open days. We also offer Morrisby Profile consultations and guidance - one of the most widely-known systems used in careers guidance today for assessing aptitudes, learning styles and personal working styles.
The college runs a university preparation course every May/June, providing individual guidance for selecting suitable courses and writing 'personal statements' for university applications. Every student is helped with the UCAS registration process, gaining their IELTS qualifications, as well as preparation and practice for any special aptitude or entrance tests that may be required such as TSA, MAT, BMAT and UKCAT among others.
'Oxbridge' Preparation Programme
This optional programme is tailored to meet the needs of the individual student. They vary in length from an afternoon to a full week. The programme details depend on the needs and interest of the student. Students have practice interview sessions with senior college tutors and academics from the University of Oxford. They can also work with current post-graduate students who provide up to date information about individual colleges and courses. A full range of supporting activities is organised such as dining in a college and visiting the Oxford Union.
University Entrance Tests
An increasing number of universities do not rely on A-level results alone to form the basis of undergraduate offers, but require students to sit additional entrance tests. Due to the large number of specialist academics we have access to, we are able offer preparation courses in the following entrance tests:
- AEA (Advanced Extension Awards)
- BMAT (Bio Medical Admissions Test)
- ECAA (Economics Admissions Assessment)
- ELAT (English Literature Admissions Test)
- HAT (History Aptitude Test)
- Imperial College Test for Engineering
- LNAT (Law National Admissions Test)
- MAT (Maths Admissions Test, Oxford)
- PAT (Physics Aptitude Test)
- SAT (Standardised Aptitude Test)
- STEP (Sixth Term Examination Preparation)
- TSA (Thinking Skills Assessment-Oxford)
- UKCAT (Clinical Aptitude Test)