Oxford International College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake DBS (enhanced where applicable) checks, provide two referees and demonstrate a high level of understanding in the area of keeping children safe in education.
Vacancies in Oxford
IELTS Tutor, part-time
Closing date 31 May 2018.
Start date from September 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced part-time IELTS tutor to join our outstanding A-level College in Oxford.
Ideally the successful candidates will have QTS and will be capable of inspiring, motivating and progressing extremely academic students.
The role will involve developing and continuously improving the quality of IELTS offered to the students through promoting the highest standards of education, equality of opportunity and an environment that is conducive to excellence in learning and teaching.
Duties will include:
• To teach IELTS for up to 20 contact hours per week.
• To share expertise with other tutors of IELTS and, where required by the Deputy Principal for Teaching and Learning or by the Director of Studies, to observe the lessons of these tutors for the purpose of offering support, constructive feedback and guidance to these tutors.
• To cultivate a commitment to progress in the standards of teaching and learning.
• To meticulously plan lessons and give guidance to other teachers of IELTS in relation to lesson plans.
• To track student progress through regular testing and benchmarking and to include two mock examination periods in each year.
• To write termly reports and if requested to assist in reviewing the termly reports of other tutors of IELTS.
• To circulate termly reports to parents, guardians and agents where appropriate.
• To promote the general care of the college by demonstrating awareness of what is needed and making the necessary responses or recommendations.
• To assist with UCAS applications.
• To provide and mark admissions tests.
• To occasionally assist with competitions and enrichment activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and ambitious college. We can offer you a vibrant, friendly and exciting place to work as well as opportunities for progression and CPD in a positive and supportive environment. The role would suit a highly motivated, dynamic and dedicated teacher.
For a full job description and application form, please contact email@example.com. Applicants are invited to send a covering letter and a CV.
Biology Tutor required
Closing date for applications is 1 October 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced full-time Biology tutor to join our outstanding A-level College in Oxford.
The successful candidate will have QTS and will be capable of inspiring, motivating and progressing extremely academic students, many of whom are seeking a place at medical school.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and ambitious college. We can offer you a vibrant, friendly and exciting place to work as well as opportunities for CPD in a positive and supportive environment.
The role would suit a highly motivated, dynamic and dedicated teacher.
Please email Marianne@oxcoll.com for a job description and application form.
Part-time Receptionist required
Part-time Evening and Weekend Position, from September 2018. Closing date for applications is 15 June 2018
We are looking for friendly and professional evening and weekend receptionists for our front desk to be the first point of contact for students, tutors and visitors and to help with administrative and organisational tasks. The successful candidates will have excellent written and spoken communication skills and the ability to work well in a busy environment, be able to demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility and empathy with young people and a willingness to be of service to the college community.
For a full job description and application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must include a covering letter, CV and completed application form
For a full list of vacancies, further information or to register for one of our talent pools please visit our e-teach site
Vacancies in China
Please note that there may be schools in China and around the world operating under the name "Oxford International College" that have no formal association with us. To avoid confusion, please only apply to the email address email@example.com or telephone Oxford International College in the UK on +44 (0)1865 203988
If you enjoy being part of an innovative, forward looking team, are able to inspire commitment and enthusiasm and are prepared to play a significant role in the pastoral and extracurricular life of the College, please apply by returning the application form below, together with your CV, references and a covering letter giving information on your educational philosophy and reasons for wishing to teach in China. Please address your response for the attention of Ms Stella Jin, Oxford International Colleges of China, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.